DriveGameSeat Racing Team is the name given in 2018 to Energy Racing Team, which recently returned as a parallel project to the DGSRT.
Originally founded in 2014 by a group of friends, the team quickly noticed the fast evolution of SimRacing in the last few years, bringing the team to reach the needed professionalism to compete in high-level competitions that are increasingly challenging in the national and international panorama. The effort and the work done in the past years brought the team to reach prestigious goals, such as reaching the Virtual Endurance Championship Division 1 at only our second season in the championship. The Team’s focus is on the asphalt disciplines, such as Sprint and Endurance races, covering the most complete and current simulators.
DriveGameSeat has always been focused on endurance racing and in 2020 we achieved many goals: we established our team in the Virtual Endurance Championship Division 1, we won the WorldSportsCarChampionship by Chequered Flag Simsport in GT3, we won the Petit LeMans by CFS in GTE and we got a good 3rd position in GTE in the esport Endurance Series by E-Racing Series.
As you can see, we raced almost always in GTE/GT3 category, so for this time we want to approach a new challenge, the Oreca 07, and we are pleased to announce we will race in the GTR24h 24 Hours of LeMans in the LMP2 Class. For us it is an honor to represent Italy in one of the most iconic races of the international sim racing scene on rFactor 2. Although this edition will be fully online the high-quality standards that distinguish the final round of EEWC will be the same as past years and all classes are very competitive.
Behind the wheel of the Oreca 07 DGSRT #33 we will see:
- Alessandro Appolloni, currently DGSRT D1 VEC driver and D1 podium finisher of 8h Silverstone, he won VEC D3 S12 GTE, CFS Petit LeMans 2020 (GTE), CFS WSCC 2020 in GT3, collected various podiums on EES by ERS and attended the GTR24H 24h of Nordschleife in May.
- Filippo Caneo, currently DGSRT D2 VEC Driver, Ferrari Challenge by ERS Winner AM, podium finisher in the 24h LeMans VEC D3 S12, 3rd overall Italian EES 2018/2019 LMP2 Class.
- Davide Arduini, currently DGSRT D2 VEC Driver, podium finisher in the EES 12h LeMans HC Class, 3rd overall ERS ST-EVO ProAm Category.
- Marco Slanzi, new in rFactor2 but a very experienced driver on Assetto Corsa. He won the D2D World Endurance League 2019, he is ERS European GT Challenge 2018/2019 Bronze Champion and collected various podiums in the ERS ST-EVO 2019 European Division.
But that is not all. Our GTR24H crew will be supported by our track engineer and pit-wall man Luigi D’Aprea, who always actively follows every race of the team and is fundamental in the development of the setup, and other two reserve drivers:
- Daniele Vidimari, one of the most experienced endurance driver in RF2, currently DGSRT’s pit-wall man in VEC D1, VEC D4 S11 GTE winner, promoted to D1 in S12, CFS Petit Le Mans 2020 GTE winner, CFS 4h Sepang 2018 LMP2 winner, CFS WSCC GT3 winner in 2018 and 2020, CFS 90m VIR 2019 GTE winner, CFS 4h Misano 2019 GTE winner, CFS 12h Le Mans 2019 LMP2 2nd place, CFS 12h Le Mans 2018 LMP3 winner, attended the GTR24h 24h Nordschleife 2020 and collected other numerous podiums and placings on P1-Gaming and CFS.
- Lorenzo De Ciutiis, DGSRT VEC D1 Driver in Season 12, podium finisher in the EES 12h LeMans HC Class, F2 ARC winner, F2 ROTW winner.
DriveGameSeat Racing Team is ready to fight!
Follow us on our social media channels:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dgsracingteam
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/drivegameseat_racing_team/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqOgjbvMD6vtTTljy7w-k3w
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgsracingteam