We understand that for many people it is important to test cars before the commitment to a full 4 race season. And we have tried our best to provide you with the correct set of servers to supply you with online testing options. But we are still in the middle of negotiations on so many fronts that concern both hardware for servers, prizes, partnerships, media deals and much more. And we are negotiating not only for 2020 but for many years to come.
It was our plan to have this settled in January and our wish was to be able to present you with the final plans for 2020 by early February. However, this has proven to not be possible. And we will not accept a situation where we refuse offers, because they can not be settled within an imaginary deadline if the end result is to close down the season and cancel the main event and stop all operations for an entire year.
Many of our negotiations are intertwined and the outcome of one deal can affect the outcome of many others, which affect the entire execution plans of each online race and the final main event. In other words, sadly we cannot announce anything before all deals are final. On top of this, the COVID-19 outbreak has made it impossible for us to gather the planned crew in the same location for the first race of the season. All of this also affects the hardware available and the locations available which in turn now affects the practice servers. And to top it off we have had hardware issues with the current servers as well, which meant we had to change to a different server plan again.
So please accept, that for now there are 3 servers available:
- GTR24H EEWC R1 Day-Dry running Le Mans
- GTR24H Sebring R1 Day-Dry running Sebring
- GTR24H EEWC R2 Night-Dry running Le Mans
- GTR24H Sebring R2 Night-Dry running Sebring
In a very near future, the plan is to add:
- GTR24H EEWC R4 Day – Real Weather running Le Mans
- GTR24H EEWC R4 Day – Real Weather running Sebring
- GTR24H EEWC R4 Day – Rain running Le Mans (with AI option for creating racing line)
- GTR24H EEWC R4 Day – Rain running Sebring (with AI option for creating racing line)